Are you looking for a way to join the movement to care for orphans? Not sure where to begin? Become a Show Hope Advocate and get creative with ways to raise awareness, funds, and hope! Here are 10 of our favorite ideas to get your project started:
1. Host a benefit concert. Invite local artists, musicians, and worship leaders to showcase their talent. Play Show Hope videos between acts.
2. Donate your birthday! Simply invite others to give to Show Hope in lieu of presents.
3. Host a Zumba-thon event!
4. Commit to making a monthly donation of one day’s profit from your business.
5. Hold a bake sale or a yard sale. Hand out flyers with every purchase that share about your passion for Show Hope.
6. Ask a coach, teacher, or church leader to shave his head when you meet your fundraising goal.
7. Put together and sell a cookbook of favorite recipes from your church or community.
8. Sell your artwork or handmade crafts. Use the opportunity to tell others about the importance of overcoming financial barriers to adoption.
9. Partner with your church or a local business to hold a car wash.
10. Host a charity softball tournament.
Millions of orphans all over the world are waiting for their forever family. There is so much you can do to help! God has given each of us unique gifts and talents, interests and creativity. Prayerfully consider what ways you can get involved by raising awareness and funds to impact the life of an orphan. You can use one of our suggestions, or come up with something completely your own.
Visit www.showhope.org/advocates to get started today!
Do you have a unique new idea? Share it with us in the comments!